Some people may be intimidated or confused about the power of networking. Good news is there is nothing to be afraid of. Networking is a great way to meet new people, make business connections, develop your direct selling business and help others.
Below are tips for understanding what to expect out of networking and how to become more effective at it, especially as it applies to the direct selling industry.
1. Networking is a two-way street. You should first be focused on how you can help others, not necessarily what they can do for you. Be friendly and helpful, listen to the person you are speaking with and try to figure out what connection you have that may benefit them to make this a win/win scenario.
2. Focus on networking with the right people. Don’t focus on the amount of people you are trying to network with, but instead focus on building rapport with other like-minded people who can be instrumental in your business and willing to help you out. Don’t leave networking to chance. Put in the time necessary to reach out and find the type of people you are looking for to enhance your direct selling business.
3. Don’t just network with people in your industry. Go beyond your industry and network with a variety of people. The broader the range of your network the more chances you have of making more connections within your network.
4. When networking with new people, be respectful of their time. State how long you will need to speak with them and ask if they have the time to share with you. They will be more receptive to listening and appreciate the consideration.
5. Networking doesn’t always have to be with new people. Reach out to your friends, colleagues and family to see who they know and how you may be able to help each other in the long run.
6. Be consistent. Try to contact someone every day. Of course, everyone is not going to get back to you, but the more people you reach out to the more chances you have of connecting with a wide range of individuals.
7. If someone tells you “no”, don’t take it personally. Everyone who is able to help may not be willing or comfortable helping out with everything you request.
Get started today and check out the possibilities of what the direct selling industry can do for you. To learn about the Team National opportunity, go to www.bign.com.